By sending in your taxes to the IRS or your state’s Department of Revenue electronically using IRS e-file, you jump ahead of the line when it comes to processing those returns. Choosing to e-file ensures that your tax returns are filed the fastest way possible, and arrive in a format easy to process.
Fast tax return delivery + ready-to-process returns = QUICK REFUNDS!
Just how much faster is it when you e-file taxes rather than using standard mail returns? There is no travel time. There is no processing delay. You can skip the line and get your taxes processed faster.
More than just getting your tax returns in quickly, however, e-file allows for speedy refund delivery. Typical mailed in returns can expect refunds within 15 – 22 days after the IRS accepts and processes your return. Add this to the time it took to hand-write, calculate, and mail in your return and you’re easily looking at over a month of time invested!
You’ve waited all year to get your refund, why wait another month? The customer who chooses to e-file taxes with us can expect their refund direct deposited, and sitting in their bank account within 8 – 15 days after filing.
IRS e-file is fast and accurate; our Liberty Tax® e-Smart Tax online tax preparation software is specifically engineered to be headache-free and we guarantee your satisfaction. Our deduction maximizer works hard to find refund-boosting deductions that others miss. When you’re done, your IRS e-file tax return is backed by Liberty Tax professionals and a solid reputation; if you need support we’re there.
Federal Income Tax Calculator
The purpose of the Tax Calculator is to help employees calculate income tax that is withheld from their pay. It does not replace the W-4 Form, but most people find it more accurate and easier to use than the worksheets that accompany the W-4.
Who Can Benefit From Using the Income Tax Estimator?
- Employees who would like to change their withholding to reduce their tax refund or their balance due;
- Employees whose situations are only approximated by the worksheets on the paper W-4 Employees with non-wage income in excess of their adjustments and deductions that would prefer to have tax on that income withheld from their paychecks rather than make periodic separate payments through the estimated tax procedures.
Try the Liberty Tax Withholding Calculator now!
Taxes Your Frequently Asked Questions
PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
- Last Year’s Tax Return
- Valid Driver’s License
INCOME AND TAX INFORMATION:
- Interest (1099-INT or substitute)
- Dividend Slips (1099-DIV or substitute)
- Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement)
- Self-Employment Income and Expenses
- Sale of a Personal Residence
- Rental Income and Expenses
- Sale of any Business Assets
- Gambling or Lottery Winnings
- State Income Tax Refund
- Pension Income (1099-R)
- Estimated Taxes Paid
- Social Security or Railroad Retirement
- IRA or 401(k) Distribution
- Unemployment Compensation
- Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)
- Medical Expenses
- Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
- Mortgage Interest
- Charitable Contributions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Gambling Losses
- Moving Expenses
- Traditional IRA Contributions
- Higher Education Expenses
- Educator Expenses
- Student Loan Interest
- Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Adoption Expenses
- Retirement Savings Contributions
Dial 866-871-1040 to talk directly with the Liberty Tax professional nearest to you.
During tax season, most offices are open seven days a week. Offices in malls are open the same hours as the mall, while most other offices are open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m - 5 p.m. Saturday and 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday. Additionally, Liberty maintains year-round offices and help after tax season for your convenience.
Are you one of nearly half of all American taxpayers overpaying the IRS? Could you be repeating the same mistakes or overlooking deductions year after year? Liberty’s tax professionals thoroughly examine each customer’s tax situation to get every deduction, credit, and tax advantage possible. We pledge quality tax preparation coupled with premier customer service at each location.
Yes, we do. Liberty offers e-file and free direct deposit for refunds directly sent to the customer’s bank account.
Sometimes the best things in life are free! Free tax advice may prove invaluable, and it’s available just by calling or stopping by the closest Liberty office. Did you, or someone else, prepare your tax return last year? We’ll check it free. Additionally, if the IRS audits any of our customers, we will accompany the customer to the audit free of charge. If an error is made in the preparation of the customer’s return that results in a cost of interest or penalty, we will pay that interest and penalty.
Yes, Liberty offers tuition-free tax education courses with a minimal book and supply charge every fall, and a free week-long Rapid Class every January. After completing the class, students can apply for work at Liberty as tax preparers.
Ready to find out more about opportunities with the fastest growing international tax service ever? We’re building the number one franchise team in the tax industry! Liberty Tax Service has over 4,000 offices currently operating in the United States and Canada. It’s a great time to be at Liberty!