A New Trend For 2014.
For the second time in less than a week, someone has gotten stuck in a washing machine playing a game of hide-and-seek.
A 20-year-old Australian man got stuck in a top-load washing machine Saturday in the hopes of scaring his girlfriend, BBC reports.
See other Story Below: Utah Girl Gets Stuck In Washing Machine While Playing Hide And Seek
He was also naked.
The man, who remains unidentified, was stuck for 20 minutes in his Mooroopna home as firefighters, paramedics and a search-and-rescue team came to his aid.
Rescuers were eventually able to free the man by lubing him up with olive oil.
“They greased him up until he was free,” Sgt. Tim Gleeson told Sky News Australia.
The man suffered no injuries, with the possible exception of a bruised ego.
“It would be fair to say the gentleman was very embarrassed,” Shepparton police Sgt. Michelle De Araugo told Agence-France Press.
On Friday, an 11-year-old Utah girl made headlines after a similar ordeal. The girl, who did not want to be identified out of embarrassment, was playing hide-and-seek when she got stuck in the machine for 90 minutes. Firefighters were eventually able to pry her out.
“She really wanted to win,” the girl’s mother said.
Despite needing help from authorities, these two pioneers of hide and seek should be admired for their commitment to hiding.
Utah Girl Gets Stuck In Washing Machine While Playing Hide And Seek
An 11-year-old Utah girl is feeling washed out and hung to dry after being stuck in a washing machine for 90 minutes.
The girl was playing hide and seek with her cousins in her home in South Jordan when she decided the washer was a great hiding spot.
“She really wanted to win,” Nicole Rhoades, the girl’s mother, said according to FirstCoastNews.com.
After a while, she decided she wanted out of the washer. Problem was, it was beneath a stackable dryer, and there was only enough space to open and close the washer’s lid, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.
Guess what: She got stuck.
Her friends and family tried to remedy her sticky situation by using peanut butter, ice and warm water. All those failed, so her family called 911, according to the Metro.
Firefighters arrived on the scene with an assortment of tools to pry out the girl, but solved the predicament by removing the dryer above the machine.
“Afterwards we laughed about it. We all laughed about it,” Rhoades said, according to NBC Bay Area. “But at the time it was scary.
Firefighers who rescued the girl say she was curled up so tight her legs were temporarily paralyzed. Luckily, she regained leg function shortly thereafter, AZCentral.com reported.
The girl is still suffering from one thing — embarrassment — which is why she doesn’t want her identity revealed, according to NBC Bay Area.