LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WKYT) – If you are headed to Louisville for Oaks Day or Derby Day, you can expect to see increased security.
Everyone who enters Churchill Downs will be scanned with a magnetic security wand. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to allow for those security checks.
Anyone who is planning on visiting the track should be sure to review the list of items that are permitted and those that cannot be brought into Churchill Downs.
Banned Items on Kentucky Derby and Oaks Days:
- Coolers (Styrofoam coolers, ice available at infield purchase points)
- Cans (any size or type), glass bottles or containers
- Pop-Up or Patron Tents– no poles or stakes of any kind
- Laptop Computers and Camcorders
- Cameras with detachable lenses, or equipped with a lens that is 6″ or larger
- Selfie Sticks
- Purses larger than 12″ in any dimension
- Alcoholic beverages
- Illegal Substances
- Luggage (includes briefcases)
- Duffel bags
- Weapons (including knives)
- Fireworks, noisemakers, air horns, laser lights/pointers, mace or pepper sprays
- Drones and remote controlled aircraft
- Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate