40) “A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane and smells like Cheetah.”
39) “The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become.”
38) “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
37) “Welfare’s purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.”
36) “A taxpayer is someone who works for the federal government but doesn’t have to take a civil-service exam.”
35) “One way to make sure crime doesn’t pay would be to let the government run it.”
34) “I am paying for this microphone…!” (When a debate moderator threatened to cut off his mike at a debate he paid for.)
33) ” I want you to know also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent’s youth and inexperience.