The Donald Trump campaign on Monday sued the registrar of voters in Nevada’s Clark County, alleging a polling station was kept open late last week in violation of state law, Fox News confirmed.
The lawsuit, filed in Nevada state court, asked that the county’s ballots be kept separate pending any future legal challenges.
Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, asserted the later hours were granted in order to boost Democratic early-voting turnout.
“Trump campaign petition asks to preserve early voting records,” Clark County spokesperson Dan Kulin said in a statement. “This is required by state law & so it is something we are already doing.”
Charles Muñoz, the Trump campaign’s Nevada State Director, alleged that Clark County employees were facilitating the “illegal activity.”
“The incidents that occurred on Friday night should be troubling to anyone who is interested in free and fair elections,” Muñoz said in a statement. “Voters who showed up after the scheduled closing times at selected locations were allowed to vote, while those who were not able to make it to other early voting sites by the posted closing times were denied the right to cast their ballots.”
Trump made a last-minute visit on Monday to the battleground state, drawing thousands of supporters to a rally at a Reno convention center.
The billionaire businessman sounded confident about his chances in the state, despite a surge in early-voting by Democrats and Latinos that has Democrats feeling optimistic.
“They didn’t get the kind of vote that they needed to stop us on Tuesday,” Trump said.