Both President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton knew right away that the attack in Benghazi was a coordinated and planned terrorist attack, and not a protest spiraled out of control.
Yet, Hillary immediately began sending out tweets blaming a little-seen Youtube video for the attack, which was a lie. Her “deputy”, former Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice spread the lie on the Sunday news shows, and the White House continued to perpetuate the lie for weeks afterwards, even until this day to an extent.
It has become blatantly obvious to a vast majority of people that the White House engaged in a deliberate coverup of the facts before, during and after the Benghazi attack. But that coverup may be crumbling now, especially in the face of the impending Benghazi Select Committee investigation.
With all of the evidence already discovered, and the potential for more information to be uncovered later, everybody now knows that Benghazi was a terrorist attack, and we know that the White House knew on September 11, 2012, too. (H/T Breitbart)
And yet in the post-Benghazi fallout, Obama continued to attack and blame free speech for the Benghazi slaughter. Obama, along with Hillary Clinton, starred in a paid advertisement condemning the video insulting Islam. These paid advertisements (funded with American taxpayer dollars) ran in Pakistan. This presidential attack on our freedom and our Constitution was the Obama administration’s primary response to the deadly Islamist attack on September 11, 2012.
In reviewing the cache of new documents just released as a result of Judicial Watch’s successful FOIA lawsuit, it is clear that there is more incriminating evidence of a cover-up than just the now-infamous “smoking gun” email from Ben Rhodes. Rhodes’ email is slam-dunk evidence of the White House’s lead role in the cover-up. The blaming of the YouTube video and the talking point lies that Susan Rice was to advance on the five Sunday shows were driven by the White House.
Many of the newly released documents contained large sections of redacted text, even thought the documents are unclassified, proving that the White House is still trying to cover up what they knew and when they knew it.
Still, some material extremely damaging to the administration is clear. In a memo from former Deputy Spokesman at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations Payton Knopf to Susan Rice and others, Knopf provides “Guidance on Events in Libya 9/12/12. (Today’s initial guidance from NSS and State).” In it, he gives a timeline (“the tick tock”) of events on that day and quotes the State Department’s Victoria Nuland as saying that “it was clearly a complex attack.”
In the same memo, Knopf discusses Obama’s “tick tock” during Benghazi. The president was made aware of the attack on the afternoon of September 11, 2012 “as he started his weekly meeting with the Secretary of Defense and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.” Ironically, only a day before the Benghazi jihad attacks, Marc Thiessen broke the story in the Washington Post that Obama had scaled back in-person daily intelligence briefings and had actually attended fewer than half of the daily intelligence briefings that had been held since he entered the White House.
But what’s salient here is that according to Benghazi transcripts of defense testimony, just minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi was attacked, senior defense officials, both civilian and military, were told that it was a “terrorist attack.” So why did the Obama White House promote a false narrative, and why didn’t defense officials speak out about this false claim?
Questions still remain about where Obama was during the night of the attack, and when was he notified of Ambassador Stevens’ death? There are conflicting reports that he was told at some point that night, while others say he was told first thing the next morning. Senior adviser Eric Pelofsky was informed about Stevens’ death by the Libyans in the evening, while Nuland claims nobody knew for sure until the morning.
I find it impossible to believe that the president of the United States was not notified immediately that night, while Pelofsky was writing about Stevens’s death, that our Ambassador had been taken from our embassy possibly still alive and then murdered. But Nuland clearly says he was notified the next morning.
If he was asleep at that time, they wouldn’t wake him for such momentous news? Why wasn’t he calling the shots? He’s the Commander-in-Chief – or had he by that time already given the stand down order? The American people need answers to such questions, and let the chips fall where they may – or bodies, in this case. Why are they covering up the point at which Obama was informed about Stevens’s death?
We also know that the State Department knew immediately that Ansar Al-Sharia, an Al-Qaeda affiliate, was claiming responsibility for the attack. Yet Obama and Hillary still didn’t call the attack a “terrorist attack”, and blamed the video for sparking a protest, when they knew otherwise.
There is also proof that Rice was lying when she said that security on the ground was strong and significant. In an email at 4:49 PM on September 11th– 49 minutes after the attack began, according to the State Department’s own timeline – State’s Dan Fogarty advised several officials, including Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, Victoria Nuland, and others that the February 17 Brigade were responding to the attack on the mission [consulate] “engaging the attackers, taking fire, and working its way to the compound to get to the villa…”
The February 17 Revolution Brigade is a jihadist militia that is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. It was repeatedly accused of engaging in atrocities during and after the Libyan Civil War. Yes, with the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, and best-armed military, the Obama administration and State Department outsourced their response to a jihadist group.
Back in September 2012, according to the Daily Beast, “the intelligence community had an intercept between a Libyan politician whose sympathies are with al Qaeda and the Libyan militia known as the February 17 Brigade – which had been charged with providing local security to the consulate. In the intercept, the Libyan politician apparently asks an officer in the brigade to have his men stand down for a pending attack – another piece of evidence implying the violence was planned in advance.” In other words, it wasn’t a spontaneous reaction to a video about Muhammad.
So, where was Obama during the night of the attack? We know that he wasn’t in the “situation room” monitoring the attack. When was he informed of Ambassador Stevens’ death? Why did they push the story about a protest and video when they had been informed otherwise? Why was no rescue attempt ever sent? Was a stand down order really given?
These are just some of the questions that Trey Gowdy will be asking as part of the Benghazi select Committee. Hopefully, he will able to uncover the truth with his team of experienced prosecutors. The families deserve the truth, and the American people demand to know the truth.